Dabur Research Foundation (DRF) is an Indian Contract Research Organization offering pre-clinical services in Drug Discovery and Development, ranging from identification of potential lead molecules, drug development to IND enabling studies. We offer pre-clinical services to global Biotech, Pharma, Phytopharmaceuticals Cosmescuticals and academia sectors.
Our services broadly fall into the functional areas of In Vitro, ex-Vivo & In Vivo Pharmacology, Exploratory & GLP Toxicology & DMPK.
Our genesis is from the Dabur group of companies and we started operating as a preclinical service provider after a strategy spin-off from our parent company in the year 2008. It is this experience of 20 years of drug discovery & development that we bring to our clients as a preclinical service provider.
- Established in 1979 to spearhead R&D activities of Dabur.
- Dabur Group of Companies is among the largest healthcare companies in India with a market cap of more than 750 bn USD
- Dabur was established about 125 years ago as a Natural products based company and today it has more than 5000 employees in over 50 countries
- Dabur Oncology, a subsidiary of Dabur became the largest Oncology company in India & Asia Pacific in 2008.
- DRF developed Nanoxel™, the first-in-world polymeric Nanoparticle based drug delivery system for Paclitaxel.
- DRF demerged from the parent company in year 2008 to became a CRO in preclinical domain.
- We have conducted over 500 studies for clients all over the world since then with the largest number in Oncology & Dermatology.
- GLP compliant studies; about 25K sqft Lab space.
We offer a range of services in Hair Biology and Dermatology, Inflammation and Immunomodulation, and Diabetes. We also have a Central Innovation Research Team that can quickly customize, develop and validate models to meet the requirements of clients.