||Evaluation of test item against morphological and metabolic abnormalities related to Polycystic Ovary Disease (PCOD) |
||Female Wistar Rat; 3-4 week old |
- Induction of PCOD by giving 1 mg/kg p.o. of Letrazole daily for 28 days (Except G1).
- After induction period Test and standard drug will be administered for 8 estrous cycles.
- Daily vaginal smear will be withdrawn throughout the dosing period for the determination of disturbances in estrous cycle.
- Feed consumption, Body weight record, estrous cycle will be monitored throughout the experimental period.
- Blood will be withdrawn after 24hrs of last dose between 9:00 hrs to 12:00 hrs and plasma level of testosterone, progesterone & estradiol will be assayed FSH & LH will be estimated with RIA kit.
- At the end of experimental period, all animal will be scarified and Ovary and Uterus weight change will be determined. Ovary and uteruses will be subjected to histopathological evaluation.
- Feed consumption & Body weight record
- Daily vaginal smears for determination of estrous cycle.
- OGTT for G2 and G4 before and after treatment. (n=6)
- Euglycemic clamp experiment for G2 and G4 before and after treatment. (n=3)
- Blood Biochemistry
- Plasma testosterone, estrogen & progesterone levels
- Glucose, Triglyceride, HDL, total cholesterol and Leptin level
- Luteinizing hormone (LH) and Follicular Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
- Histopathological evolution
- Ovary histopathology for determination of ovary size, follicle size, area of largest follicle and thickness of follicle wall.