- Animals will be randomized & grouped.
- nimals will be treated with Carbon tetra chloride (CCL4) at 0.4 mL/kg intraperitoneally twice a week for two weeks (on day 1, day 5, day 8 and day 12)
- Administration of Test Item/reference item (Silymarin 200mg/kg) from day 8 to day 14
- Body weight will be recorded daily
- At the terminal stage, serum will be analyzed for liver enzyme markers viz. ALT, AST and Total cholesterol
- Liver will be collected, weighed and will be sent for histopathological investigation.